The easiest way to get on the island is either by ferries from the main ports, namnely Savona, Livorno, Piombino, Citaveccha, or from the main airports, namely Bastia, Ajaccio , Figari (Corsica) and Olbia (Sardinia). From Olbia you get a taxi to Santa Teresa di Gallura’s port (Sardinia) where you can book a private boat. From Piantarella (near Bonifacio) you can easily get on the island via the company Rotation’s boat (up to 6/10 crossings each day Cavallo/Piantarella). Once you get on island, en electric van “Indio” carrying up to 8 passengers with luggage will bring you to your accommodation.
A mini ferry (up to 7 crossings per day) is one way to get on the island from Piantarella’s port. Another way to reach the island is taking the helicopter from Figari’s airport (15 minutes).
- It is possible to take a taxi from Figari airport (30minutes)
- Those guests who wish to reach the island with their own car, they can leave the car near Piantarella’s port (there are no private parking areas).
From Piantarella to Cavallo, guests have two options:
- Mini Ferry: 15min., 20€ per passenger, ticket on board, timetables;
See timetables here
- Private board: 150€ day tarif up to 7 passengers, 250€ night tarif up to 7 passengers
A private boat leaves from Santa Teresa di Gallura to get to Cavallo in 25 minutes. It is also possible to take the helicopter from Olbia’s airport to the island (15 minutes – special tarifs for islanders).
- Those guests who wish to reach Piantarella (Corsica) by their own car, they can leave the car bear Piantarella’s port (there are no private parking areas).
From Sardinia to Cavallo, guests have different options:
- Private boat from Santa Terresa di Gallura to Cavallo: 250€ up to 7 passengers (25 minutes).
- From Olbia’s airport to Santa Teresa di Gallura by taxi (90€ – 90 minutes).
- Once you get on Corsica, you can take the mini ferry from Piantarella (Bonifacio) to Cavallo: 15 minutes, 20€ per passenger, ticket on board, timetables.
See timetables here