You can easily get to the island from the main ports of Savona, Livorno, Piombino, Civitavecchia, or from the main airports of Bastia, Ajaccio , Figari (Corsica) and Olbia (Sardinia).
You can reach the island from the airport of Olbia by taking a taxi from Olbia airport to Santa Teresa di Gallura’s port (Sardinia) where you can book a private boat that will bring you to the island.
Another way to get to the Island is to take a boat from Piantarella (near Bonifacio) called La Rotation. The boat makes up to 6/10 crossings each day between Cavallo and Piantarella. Once you get on the island, an electric van “Indio” (with a sitting capacity up to 8 passengers with luggage) will bring you to your accommodation.
A mini ferry (up to 7 crossings per day) is one of the ways to get on the island from Piantarella’s port. Another way to reach the island is to take the helicopter from Figari’s airport (15 minutes).
- It is possible to take a taxi from Figari airport (30minutes)
- Those guests who wish to reach the island with their own car can leave the car near Piantarella’s port (there are no private parking areas).
There are several ways to get from Piantarella to Cavallo:
- Mini Ferry: 15min., 20€ per passenger, ticket on board, timetables;
See timetables here
- Private board: 150€ day tariff up to 7 passengers, 250€ night tarif up to 7 passengers
A private boat leaves from Santa Teresa di Gallura and reaches Cavallo in 25 minutes. It is also possible to take the helicopter from Olbia’s airport to the island (15 minutes – special tarifs for tenants, owners and guests of the hotel).
- Those guests who wish to reach Piantarella (Corsica) by their own car can leave the car bear Piantarella’s port (there are no private parking areas).
There are several ways to get from Sardinia to Cavallo:
- Private boat from Santa Terresa di Gallura to Cavallo: 250€ up to 7 passengers (25 minutes).
- From Olbia’s airport to Santa Teresa di Gallura by taxi (90€ – 90 minutes).
- Once you get on Corsica, you can take a mini ferry from Piantarella (Bonifacio) to Cavallo: 15 minutes, 20€ per passenger, ticket on board, timetables.
See timetables here